What can I learn from my utility's annual report?
Each year, we issue a water quality report that describes your water supply sources and treatment. This report can be found on the homepage of this website. Here's what you should look for:
- Any violation of USEPA regulations.
- The measurements listed for contaminants.
- If you don't see test results for a substance that interests you, contact us and request more information.
How do I know what's in my home water?
The annual water quality report lists the test results required for your community supply. While water quality from different homes' taps is usually similar, variations can result from factors such as pipe corrosion in home plumbing.
Why does my water taste or smell strange?
There are three main reasons this could happen:
- Chlorine added to the water to kill harmful organisms can cause it to taste or smell differently.
- A rotten-egg odor can come from a harmless chemical, hydrogen sulfide, dissolved in water.