What can I learn from my utility's annual report?

Each year, we issue a water quality report that describes your water supply sources and treatment. This report can be found on the homepage of this website. Here's what you should look for:
  • Any violation of USEPA regulations.
  • The measurements listed for contaminants.
  • If you don't see test results for a substance that interests you, contact us and request more information.

How do I know what's in my home water?

The annual water quality report lists the test results required for your community supply. While water quality from different homes' taps is usually similar, variations can result from factors such as pipe corrosion in home plumbing.

Why does my water taste or smell strange?

There are three main reasons this could happen:
  • Chlorine added to the water to kill harmful organisms can cause it to taste or smell differently.
  • A rotten-egg odor can come from a harmless chemical, hydrogen sulfide, dissolved in water.

What is Rapid Response and what can I do to help?

Rapid Response is an auto-dialer system similar to Reverse 911 systems in that it is a communication solution to deliver outbound notifications to customers, especially during emergencies. To help us provide accurate and timely notifications, we request our customers to provide updated telephone numbers to our customer service department. For more information on the Rapid Response System, please visit http://www.publicnotify.com.

What is PA One Call and when do I need to call them?

If you plan to disturb the earth with powered equipment, you are required by Pennsylvania law to notify the underground utility companies of your intent to do so. Notification occurs by calling 8-1-1 or 1-800-242-1776. PA One Call will then notify the utility companies nearby of your intent to dig. For more information on PA One Call, please visit www.pa1call.org